April 02, 2008
Men's Resource Center for Change Seeks Executive Director
The Men's Resource Center for Change, for more than 25 years, has supported men, challenged men's violence, and nurtured men's leadership by providing support programs and domestic violence intervention service programs. MRC has been a significant voice through its publications and outreach programs for redefining masculinity in both a regional and national context.
We seek an inspired and strategic executive director who will oversee programs, expand funding sources, develop innovative collaborations, and articulate our message of supporting men, challenging violence, and redefining masculinity. The executive director will strengthen the efforts of a skilled and dedicated team already engaged in this work-staff, board and volunteers. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the executive director will oversee programs, operations and fiscal management, which includes development and management of grants and fundraising. Our administrative office is located in downtown Amherst, MA, with programs operating in four Western Massachusetts counties.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Commitment to constructing new notions of masculinity that foster healthy and safe relationships and empower men to challenge violence, oppose homophobia, and seek a more just and peaceful society
* Experience in fundraising from individual donors, public and governmental agencies, foundations and corporations
* Proven track record in identifying new funding sources, grant writing and grant management
* Experience in marketing programs to new constituencies and developing programs that meet the needs of diverse communities
* Excellent communication skills in articulating organizational vision to media, community agencies and public officials
* Experience in senior management, including program development and financial management
* Experience supervising and evaluating staff and helping build competencies
* Ability to work in collaboration with a board of directors, to inspire and help focus board energies and further board development
* Experience with collaborative decision making, fostering consensus in a non-hierarchical organizational culture
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Applications may be submitted electronically or by mail. Send letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Allan Arnaboldi, Men's Resource Center, 236 N. Pleasant St., Amherst, MA. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Ideal start date for new position is between June 15 and July 1, 2008.
Posted by Daniel at April 2, 2008 03:30 PM